Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Wed November 17, 2010
From Soy Sauce to Seasonings, What We Make Around Milwaukee
Southeastern Wisconsin has a diverse food industry, and we hear about why three vastly different companies – Kikkoman Foods, Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, and Wixon - all call the Milwaukee area home.
Milton Neshek is the general counsel and a board member for Kikkoman Foods, Inc., the world's leading soy sauce manufacturer - one of its production plants is in Walworth, Wis.
Roman Blahoski is the media relations director for Archer Daniels Midland, which is based in Decatur, Ill. ADM Cocoa took over the former Ambrosia Chocolates factory on Milwaukee’s far northwest side.
Chuck Ehemann is the Executive Vice President of Wixon. The St. Francis-based company employs 240 people in its flavors, seasonings, technology and packaging facility.
They spoke with Lake Effect producers Stephanie Lecci, Bonnie North and Dan Harmon as part of our Project Milwaukee: What's on Our Plate? series.