Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Thu October 3, 2013
Stone Apparently Replacing Suder on PSC
Nearly simultaneous press releases indicate that Scott Suder is moving to the Wisconsin Paper Council, while Rep. Jeff Stone will take a job with the PSC.
In recent weeks, former Assembly Majority Leader Suder has come under fire for allegedly ushering through a state contract for a group with which he had political ties. Gov. Walker appointed Suder to the Public Service Commission and he resigned his Assembly seat. On Thursday, the Wisconsin Paper Council issued a release, stating that it is hiring Suder as vice-president of government relations. He will start that job October 7.
Within a short time Thursday, the PSC announced that it's hiring GOP Assemblyman Jeff Stone as its administrator of water, compliance and consumer affairs, the job Suder had taken. According to the release, Stone will move into his new position after he resigns his Assembly seat on October 14. He has represented the Greendale area since 1998.
The PSC oversees Wisconsin's public utilities.
Wisconsin's paper industry employs 31,000 workers.