Most Active Stories
- New Wisconsin Law Requires Work for Food Stamps
- UWM's Freshwater School Shares Its Fish With Milwaukee County Zoo Animals
- Border Crisis: Milwaukee Organization to Help House Immigrant Children, if Needed
- Milwaukee Considers Using Abandoned Basements to Hold Storm Water
- Bradford Beach 'Set' For Stop On Pro Volleyball Tour
Fri June 4, 2010
Our MPS teacher round-table featured members of the Educators' Network for Social Justice, who talked about their experiences working in the district and the challenges they face.
We spoke with: Stephanie Schneider from Fernwood Montessori School; Amy Gutowski, a third-grade teacher at Thorough Elementary; Kelly McMahon, who is a kindergarten teacher at Lancaster Elementary School and a primary representative elected to the MTEA; Melissa Tempel, a first-grade bilingual education teacher in MPS; and Kathy Xiong, who teaches 3rd grade in Luther Burbank Elementary School.
They spoke with Stephanie Lecci as part of our “Project Milwaukee: Barriers to Achievement in MPS” series. You can also find an additional portion of the interview as supplemental audio below.