Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Fri June 4, 2010
MPS teacher and blogger Jay Bullock believes it's important for teachers to speak up in the broader conversation about education reform. Bullock is an English teacher at Bay View High School. He has been blogging at "folkbum's rambles and rants" on politics, music and education for seven years. Bullock is also the education columnist for the Bay View Compass. He spoke with Stephanie Lecci as part of our “Project Milwaukee: Barriers to Achievement in MPS” series.