Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Tue November 5, 2013
Undercover Operation Cracks Down on Sex in County Parks
The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office says it’s been receiving “numerous complaints” of sexual activity and solicitation in county parks.
As a result, the MCSO has launched an undercover operation, with the goal of preventing such activities.
The department says seven arrests have been made in the past two weeks. Four more people were arrested Tuesday and are in the booking process.
The first seven arrests involved men in four county parks: Grant, Whitnall, Estabrook and Underwood.
Sheriff David Clarke says other park users should be able to visit the parks “without being solicited, assaulted or witnessing this type of behavior.” He says he hopes the arrests result in “public humiliation,” which deters others.