Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Thu December 27, 2012
UPDATE: Husband Charged with Killing Wauwatosa Police Officer
The 30-year-old husband of slain Wauwatosa police officer Jennifer Sebena was charged Thursday with shooting her to death on Christmas Eve, while she was on duty. Ben Gabriel Sebena is being held on $1 million cash bond.
According to the criminal complaint, Ben Sebena was jealous of his wife’s relationships with other men. He allegedly stalked her for several days before killing her, and allegedly had held a gun to her head a few weeks before her death.
Jennifer Sebena’s body was found outside the Wauwatosa Fire Station, where it is believed she took her break early Christmas Eve morning. The criminal complaint says Ben Sebena waited for her as she left the building and confronted her, taking her service firearm and shooting her in the head multiple times.
Ben Sebena had served two tours of duty in Iraq as a U.S. Marine and was honorably discharged after being wounded in a 2005 mortar attack.
If convicted of killing his wife, he will be sentenced to life in prison.