Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Thu June 5, 2014
Using Technology To Encourage Wellness
We often hear stories about technology getting in the way of healthy habits. Picture youngsters playing video games instead of a pickup game of baseball or basketball outside.
But a team of researchers at UWM have discovered that technology can also be the key to encouraging wellness.
Polly Ryan, associate researcher in the College of Nursing and Alice Fang Yan, assistant professor in the Zilber school of public health, are looking at ways to use smart phones and other technology to improve wellness.