Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Thu July 24, 2014
UWM Scientists Working to Reintroduce Mayflies into Green Bay
One of the legacies of heavy industrial work along parts of the Lake Michigan shoreline in the 1950s is the pollution it left behind. In the waters off Green Bay, that pollution has had a profound impact on the production of flies. Why does that matter? Just ask a fisherman looking for walleyes in Green Bay.
On this edition of UWM Today, meet Jerry Kaster and Chris Groff, two UWM scientists involved in a fascinating research project that explores the world of mud and muck at the bottom of Green Bay.