Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Thu November 7, 2013
UWM Submits Prospals for the Incentive Grant Program
Wisconsin's biennial budget included more than $11 million for an incentive grant program for the University of Wisconsin System to distribute in 2013. The grant will be used to develop programs to foster economic development, improve affordability of post secondary education and the development of an educated and skilled workforce.
UW-Milwaukee Chancellor Mike Lovell discusses the six proposals submitted by his campus. Also, Lovell shares an update on UWM's Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa as it continues to take shape and he talks about a student competition designed to foster new business start-ups.