Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Thu March 27, 2014
The Value of Learning Different Languages
One of the many jewels in UW-Milwaukee's Academic programs is the wide array of languages taught at the University. Students can choose from the more than 20 different languages being offered. There are the mainstays - Spanish, French, Arabic and Chinese. But also Afrikaans, Ancient Greek, Hmong, Russian, and many more.
On this edition of UWM Today, learn from Associate Professor Michelle Bolduc about the value of learning different languages in a world where Google Translate is a just a keystroke away.