Most Active Stories
- Police In Wisconsin Have Received Surplus Military Hardware
- Global Parenting Habits That Haven't Caught On In The U.S.
- Clarke Wins in a Squeaker for Milwaukee County Sheriff
- Possible Rate Hikes Cast Cloud on Future of Milwaukee's Solar Program
- Forgotten History: Stenographer Witnesses Lincoln's Death, Impact Changed His Life Forever
Thu December 26, 2013
Walt Disney's Growing Empire
The Walt Disney Company continues to add to its treasure chest with its recent agreement with Paramount to control production of all future “Indiana Jones” films.
Disney now owns Pixar, Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm and the Muppets.
As the Atlantic’s business editor Derek Thompson tells Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson, Disney not only makes money from movies, a lot of its earnings come from television channels, such as ESPN, the Disney Channel, and ABC.