Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Thu July 4, 2013
Where The Mask Seen In Global Protests Is Made
Originally published on Fri July 5, 2013 9:42 am
Remember the mask from protests here ...
... here ...
... and here?
Turns out some of those used here ...
... were made here:
During the Occupy protests two years ago, Slate had an excellent piece on the mask's origins and its use by protesters and the hacker group Anonymous. And The Guardian did a post on who owns the rights to the mask. Both are worth reading.
(h/t: Boing Boing)