Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Fri June 28, 2013
Wisconsin Has Recaptured Some Manufacturing Losses
When it comes to creating manufacturing jobs, Wisconsin ranks near the top, according to the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation. The state is number five, below only Michigan, Texas, Indiana and Ohio.
The statistics are for December, 2009 - March, 2013 and are contained in story posted by CNBC.
The states would have a long way to climb however, to reach their manufacturing prowess. The ITIF reports that manufacturing in the U.S. declined more during the past decade, than during the Great Depression.
While the report indicates there are now 12 million manufacturing jobs in the country, it shed 5.7 million since 2001.