Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Wed December 18, 2013
Wisconsin Ranks 37th in Private Sector Job Growth
Wisconsin added just under 24,000 private sector jobs from June 2012 to June 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a 1% increase.
The national rate was 1.9 percent. Leading the country is North Dakota with an increase of 3.7 percent. West Virginia is at the bottom, posting a 0.7 percent loss in jobs.
The quarterly statistics are reportedly the most reliable measure of the nation's and states' jobs pictures, because more than 90 percent of businesses are surveyed.