Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
This is WUWM
Thu April 25, 2013
WUWM Recognizes Volunteers
WUWM hosted it's first-ever Volunteer Appreciation Night on Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
Fourteen volunteers attended and were thrilled to tour the station, meet the on-air staff and meet each other. Volunteers had the opportunity to meet Bruce Winter, Marge Pitroff, LaToya Dennis, Susan Bence, Ann-Elise Henzl, Marti Mikkleson, Dan Harmon, Jason Mohr, Maria de Jesus Dixon and Cheryl Locher.
General Manger Dave Edwards gave a speech recognizing our volunteers' efforts - from working concerts and events to assisting with office operations - every bit makes a difference.
Cynthia Akey presented certificates to those who had volunteered during FY 2011-2012.
Thank you to Alterra for donating coffee and bakery to the event.
For those volunteers who were unable to attend, we send our heart-felt thanks and gratitude.