Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Mon April 28, 2014
Your Cable Service Provider May Soon Be Charter Communications
Charter plans to buy 1.4 million Time Warner subscribers from Comcast, as it spins off parts of the company.
Comcast is in the process of acquiring Time Warner for $45 billion, but must limit control of the U.S. cable and satellite market to less than one-third of subscribers. Therefore Comcast plans to divest itself of four million Time Warner customers, including, selling most in Wisconsin in Charter.
According to Charter, cable subscribers here should notice a seamless transition.