Most Active Stories
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Set to Hear Arguments in Voter ID Lawsuit
Death and Dying in the 21st Century
A Special Lake Effect Series
Lake Effect producer Stephanie Lecci explores issues surrounding death and dying in the 21st century.
Lecci was inspired to research the topic after the loss of her own grandmother in hospice. Thanks to a scholarship from the Religion Newswriters Association, she then took the Control of Life and Death course at Alverno College.
In this series, Lecci looks at the ethical and legal issues surrounding end-of-life care, caregiver stress, the importance of advanced directives, the growth of the palliative care movement and the difficulty in discussing death with children.