Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Packers' Old Turf Helps Revitalize South Side Milwaukee Neighborhood
- Reverse Job Fair: Selling Young Professionals On Opportunities Available in Milwaukee
Death and Dying in the 21st Century
A Special Lake Effect Series
Lake Effect producer Stephanie Lecci explores issues surrounding death and dying in the 21st century.
Lecci was inspired to research the topic after the loss of her own grandmother in hospice. Thanks to a scholarship from the Religion Newswriters Association, she then took the Control of Life and Death course at Alverno College.
In this series, Lecci looks at the ethical and legal issues surrounding end-of-life care, caregiver stress, the importance of advanced directives, the growth of the palliative care movement and the difficulty in discussing death with children.