Most Active Stories
- Southeastern Wisconsin's Super Rich and Super Poor are Practically Neighbors
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
- VIDEO: Sunday's Chain Reaction Pileup on Hwy 41/45
- To Tackle Icy Streets, Milwaukee Experiments with Cheese Brine
- Milwaukeeans Reflect on Nelson Mandela's Achievements and Influence
Death and Dying in the 21st Century
A Special Lake Effect Series
Lake Effect producer Stephanie Lecci explores issues surrounding death and dying in the 21st century.
Lecci was inspired to research the topic after the loss of her own grandmother in hospice. Thanks to a scholarship from the Religion Newswriters Association, she then took the Control of Life and Death course at Alverno College.
In this series, Lecci looks at the ethical and legal issues surrounding end-of-life care, caregiver stress, the importance of advanced directives, the growth of the palliative care movement and the difficulty in discussing death with children.