Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Rachel Bloom is a recent graduate in Human Biology from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. This past year, she served as a fellow at the Women's Policy Institute in Providence and interned in a clinical psychiatry lab investigating how early life stresses impact adult neural connectivity. After focusing her efforts in the sciences during her time in college, she is thrilled to explore her longstanding, yet relatively unexplored, interest in radio journalism with WUWM this summer.
At present, Rachel is an intern with WUWM's Lake Effect program. Her responsibilities include editing interviews, writing interview questions, conducting background research, updating WUWM.com and learning the ropes of public radio. This fall, she will move back to Providence in search of a new adventure.