Most Active Stories
- Bay View: Home To Three of Draft Magazine's '100 Best Beer Bars'
- Dashboard Confessional's Chris Carrabba, On Twin Forks And The Luxury Of Starting Over
- Stephen Wade Brings The Banjo's History To Life In One Man Show in Milwaukee
- #001 Precious Lives: How Do You Measure the Loss of a Five-Year-Old Girl?
- West African Brings Her Native Food to Milwaukee
Economy & Business
Tue November 5, 2013
Casino Supporters and Opponents Plan Capitol Rallies
Groups of people for and against a new casino at the former Dairyland Greyhound Park site will be in Madison today.
Opponents and supporters of a new Kenosha casino are trying to win over Gov. Scott Walker. The Governor has said he'll announce a decision regarding the proposed gambling complex this week. One of today's events is organized by conservative groups who oppose the role organized labor would play in construction of the new facility. Supporters planning a Capitol visit today include members of the Menominee Nation, which has contracted with Hard Rock International to develop the new gaming facility.