Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Packers' Old Turf Helps Revitalize South Side Milwaukee Neighborhood
- Milwaukee Group: Public School Gyms in Worse Shape than Bradley Center
Politics & Government
Sat September 7, 2013
Casino Wars, Braun's Graffito Closing Top Week's News Stories
Not far from downtown Milwaukee, a high-rise hotel project is underway at the casino operated by the Potowatomi tribe, in the Menomonee Valley. It’s the only such casino in southeastern Wisconsin. But that could change – if a plan by the Menomonee tribe to build a new casino in Kenosha moves forward.
Developments on that project topped our news analyst Bruce Murphy's list of news you need to know from the past week. Others include:
- Governor Scott Walker is canceling a grant to the United Sportsmen of Wisconsin Foundation, Inc. because of its close ties to Republican politicians.
- Sheriff David Clarke reportedly threatened to have new House of Corrections superintendent Michael Hafemann arrested.
- Surg Restaurant Group says it will close Ryan Braun's Graffito restaurant at the end of 2013.
Bruce Murphy is editor at the news and opinion website, Urban Milwaukee.com and our regular Lake Effect Weekend news analyst.