Most Active Stories
- So, There's A Life-Size Game of Mouse Trap in Milwaukee
- Dueling Proposals For Milwaukee Bucks Arena Site
- Menomonee Valley Revitalization: Neighbors Share Views on 15 Year Evolution
- Election Officials Concerned About Facebook Posting Targeting Recall Petition Signers
- Mary Burke Calls for Rolling Back Parts of Act 10, Keeping Common Core, Responds to Campaign Snafus
Thu August 1, 2013
E-Cigarettes Enjoy Perks Of Being Unregulated
Originally published on Wed March 5, 2014 11:38 am
Electronic cigarettes are a nicotine delivery system that has a small but growing share of the tobacco industry.
However, unlike chewing tobacco and traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are not regulated by the FDA or any other body. That means that electronic cigarettes can advertise on television.
John Carroll, Here & Now’s media analyst, fills us in on the growing trend.
- John Carroll, Here & Now media analyst and professor of mass communications at Boston University. His blog is Campaign Outsider and he tweets @johncarroll_bu.