Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Mon June 10, 2013
Expert: The Market Will Dictate What Renewable Energy Source Has The Most Promise
What is green energy's potential? It’s a question that’s being asked on a national scale - especially in the wake of some highly publicized missteps, such as the failure of the solar company Solyndra, which had significant funding from federal sources.
Recently, the Wall Street Journal asked several experts in the field the question: What renewable energy source has the most promise? The answers ranged from natural gas to solar, to a mix. But another view was expressed by Todd Myers – his take was that the answer should be driven by whatever the market dictates.
Myers is the environmental director at the Washington Policy Center, a free market think tank in Seattle.