Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Arts & Culture
Wed August 27, 2014
Field Report Finds Hope and Sobriety on Marigolden
Christopher Porterfield of Field Report stopped by WUWM@Nite to chat with Trapper Schoepp about the release of his new album, Marigolden.
Porterfield likens his songwriting craft to that of a fashion designer. “It’s not a pair of jeans that’s going to look good on everybody but you got to try it on and figure out if it does look good on you,” he says. “It’s not for the masses.”
Porterfield discussed Marigolden’s diverse sound, his newfound sobriety, and why Field Report is not a bar band.
Field Report (an anagram of Porterfield) will perform at the Pabst Theater on Wednesday, October 22nd.
He performed the following off his new release:
1. “Home (Leave the Lights On)”
2. “Pale Rider”