Friday on Lake Effect:
For the last couple years, WUWM has been reaching out to our listeners to ask what questions you have about the Milwaukee-area. Those questions led to answers in the form of our Bubbler Talk series. Today, we’re showcasing our favorite Bubbler Talks from 2017. On today's show, we learn about the origins of Milwaukee neighborhood names, they city’s abolitionist history, and many other stories from the area we call home.
- One Question, Lots of Answers: How Are Milwaukee Neighborhoods Named?
- How Milwaukee Got the Nickname 'Cream City'
- Bag or Bay-g? Understanding Wisconsin's Accent... As Best We Can
- Searching for a Fuller Picture of Wisconsin's Abolitionist History
- Wisconsin-lllinois 'Rivalry' Seems A Bit...One-Sided
- What Makes Milwaukee's Frozen Custard Scene Special?
- Ice Cream Cocktails, Milwaukee-Style
- Where Are Milwaukee's Pigeons?
- The Story Behind The Giant Ladybugs On The Milwaukee Building
- What's That Smell When You Drive Over Milwaukee's Hoan Bridge?
Have a question you'd like WUWM to answer? Submit your query below.