Most Active Stories
- Milwaukee Man Starts Mentoring Program for Black Youth in 53206
- Groups Launch Ideas Contest to Address Segregation in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee County Sheriff's Race Features Hard-Fought Primary
- Aldermen Demand More Attention to Milwaukee's Vacant Lot Problem
- UWM's Freshwater School Shares Its Fish With Milwaukee County Zoo Animals
Mon October 14, 2013
Guide Explores Milwaukee's 'Cosmo Corner'
For those of you who think you know Milwaukee pretty well, Tom Pilarzyk would like to challenge that notion.
The Shorewood travel writer has created a new guide to the city featuring dozens of new ways to explore the city he says is undergoing a 21st-century Renaissance.
Pilarzyk’s Milwaukee at Water’s Edge: Resource Guide to the Lively Side features little-known city spots all located along the lakefront in an area he calls the "cosmo corner."
"If there's something that I could bottle and take with me wherever I go, it would certainly be the lakefront from Kenwood Avenue all the way down to the Fifth Ward," he says.
While Pilarzyk says Milwaukee has a long way to go to be considered a true cosmopolitan city, he says there are enough cultural and artistic institutions in this part of the city that are worth exploring.
He says he is aiming the book toward newcomers and longtime residents alike, from students to empty-nesters. He’ll be speaking at Boswell Book Company tomorrow night.
Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture