Most Active Stories
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Advocate: WI's High Rate of Incarcerating Black Men an "Undeclared State of Emergency"
- UWM Basketball Win Might Mean More than a Spot in the NCAA Tournament
- These Cute Images Make Reading Chinese Characters 'Chineasy'
Thu May 30, 2013
Houndmouth On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Mon June 24, 2013 12:06 pm
The Indiana folk-rock band Houndmouth makes its first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia Wesleyan College in Buckhannon. Houndmouth surprised many of its fans by signing with the London-based Rough Trade label — home of The Smiths, The Buzzcocks and The Strokes.
All four band members share lead vocal duties, with keyboard player Katie Toupin bringing her own measure of rock 'n' roll glamour to play against the earthy Americana presentation of bassist Zak Appleby, drummer Shane Cody and guitarist Matt Myers.
Having already issued a self-titled EP, Houndmouth will release its first full-length album, From the Hills Below the City, next week.
- "On The Road"
- "Houston Train"
- "Hey Rose"