Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Politics & Government
Tue October 22, 2013
John Doe Investigation Opened on Possible Recall Campaign Violations
A secretive John Doe investigation has reportedly been opened into a variety of allegations involving state government.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Dan Bice broke the story yesterday citing several several sources reportedly familiar with the probe.
The investigation involves possible campaign violations during the gubernatorial recall election.
The news comes seven months after the closure of another John Doe investigation was closed after six people, including three aides to now-Governor Scott Walker, were convicted of criminal charges.
Bice is a Watchdog reporter and writes the No Quarter blog for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.