Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Thu January 2, 2014
Milwaukee County Sheriff Deputies Nab 13 in Holiday Drunk Driving Crackdown
The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department arrested 13 people for driving while intoxicated over the New Year's holiday.
Five drunken drivers were involved in vehicle crashes on Milwaukee County freeways over the New Year holiday. Deputies made 110 traffic stops as part of the New Year's Eve initiative to keep dangerous drivers off the road. The sheriff's department reports there were eight crashes with injuries during the period from Tuesday, December 31 at 2 p.m. to Wednesday, New Year's Day at 12 noon. Of the 13 people arrested for driving under the influence, nine were first time offenders and three were nabbed for a second offense.