Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Arts & Culture
Tue June 25, 2013
"This Most Amazing" Weaves Together Milwaukee, Italian Intrigue
Milwaukee writer Jenny Benjamin’s new novel spans hundreds of years and thousands of miles.
This Most Amazing is set in modern-day Milwaukee, but also in Italy just before the turn of the 19th Century.
The novel is told in parallel tracks - one featuring Dahlia, a current-day poet from Milwaukee; the other an 18th Century Italian peasant named Vincenzo.
Since Benjamin is a poet from Milwaukee, you might imagine she'd have an easier time crafting that character. But she said she felt at times more connected to Vincenzo.
The novel, published by Armida Books, is just out.