Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Economy & Business
Wed September 25, 2013
NML's New Downtown Office will Change Milwaukee Skyline
Northwestern Mutual released sketches Wednesday of its planned high rise in downtown Milwaukee. In December, crews will demolish the office building now on the site.
Construction will begin in 2014 with completion of the Northwestern Mutual Tower and Commons scheduled for 2017.
The city, county and state plan additional changes along Milwaukee's lakefront in coming years, including new roadways and green space, to coincide with the new high rise.
Politics & Government