Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Tue February 4, 2014
Pro-Life Wisconsin to Boycott Girl Scout Cookies
Anti-abortion groups nationwide are upset with Girl Scouts of the USA for referring members to an article about a Texas senator who fought abortion restrictions.
Pro-Life Wisconsin has emailed a message to thousands of its supporters urging them to consider joining the cookie boycott. The Girl Scouts begin selling cookies on Saturday - they are the organization's main funding source.
Kelly Parisi, spokeswoman for the Girl Scouts, says its tweet linking to a story about Democratic Texas Sen. Wendy Davis was meant to prompt discussion about women as leaders, not serve as a political endorsement.
Davis gained national attention last year, when she staged a filibuster to stall a vote in the Texas Legislature on a bill limiting abortion.