Project Milwaukee: Southern Connections Forum, Part Two
We wrap up our Project Milwaukee: Southern Connections series on development in the region between Milwaukee and Chicago with one of its highlights: our community forum. It was held Wednesday, June 8, 2011 before a live studio audience at the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread in Racine. During the second part of the forum, we ask transit related questions and open up the forum to audience questions.
The panel included:
- Ken Yunker - Executive Director of SEWRPC, the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission.
- Pat O'Brien - President of the Milwaukee Development Corporation and Executive Director of the Milwaukee 7.
- Rocky Marcoux - Commissioner of the Development Department for the City of Milwaukee.
- Patricia Jursik - Milwaukee County Supervisor who represents the city's south shore suburbs.
- Ray Forgianni - Founder, president, and manager of Kenosha Harbor Market, a European-style farmer's market – but he was Kenosha's City Planner and Director of City Development for 33 years.
- John Dickert - Mayor of the city of Racine and President of the Alliance of Cities.
- Lynn Broaddus - Environmental Program Director at the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread.
We also speak with Julio Rivera, Provost and geography department chair at Carthage College in Kenosha - he explains how development plans actually get implemented.