Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Thu January 9, 2014
Regents Choose New UW System President
The Board of Regents announced Thursday that Ray Cross will head the UW System.
Cross was one of two remaining finalists for the job of president. The other was Peter Garland, vice chancellor of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Earlier this week, a third finalist, Robert King, dropped out of the running. King is president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Cross replaces Kevin Reilly, who stepped down in December. Reilly was under fire from state lawmakers last year, after it became public that the UW System had amassed huge reserves, during a time when tuition rose steadily.