Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Arts & Culture
Wed October 2, 2013
Revisualizing Nature in a Short Film
The Milwaukee Film Festival continues this week and showcases both feature films and shorts, internationally renowned filmmakers and local ones.
Cecelia Condit falls into the latter category in both cases. Condit works in video and photography installation, and even songwriting. Her short film, Within a Stone’s Throw will screen at the Oriental Theater on Thursday evening. It has also been shown as a three channel video and photography exhibit that – as she describes - challenges conventional perceptions of reality, scale and nature.
Condit, who is also director of graduate studies at UWM’s Peck School of the Arts, talked with Bonnie North about how this project compares with others she’s created.