Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Arts & Culture
Fri July 18, 2014
Sample Some of Milwaukee's Characters in Mozina's 'Quality Snacks'
In Quality Snacks, Mozina, who is a professor of English at Kalamazoo College in Michigan, finds many of his characters inhabiting the Milwaukee area of his own childhood.
"People in Milwaukee, you know, they would chop down trees and pour metal into molds and build farm equipment, and then winter would come and they would drink," says Mozina. "And that's us."
Fifteen stories make up the new collection, which he'll talk about tonight at Boswell Book Company in Milwaukee.