Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Mon May 27, 2013
State Republicans Seek Changes in Abortion Coverage
Several bills under consideration in Madison would make it more difficult to get an abortion in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Republican lawmakers are seeking co-sponsors for three bills that would affect abortion and contraceptive coverage in the state. One measure would outlaw the use of public money to pay for abortion coverage in public employees' health insurance plans. The bill would also relieve religious organizations and employers from having to provide coverage for contraceptive pills. Abortion rights advocates says decisions about abortion and contraception should be left up to women.