Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Packers' Old Turf Helps Revitalize South Side Milwaukee Neighborhood
- Milwaukee Group: Public School Gyms in Worse Shape than Bradley Center
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
Thu November 28, 2013
Three Milwaukee Area Breweries Featured in 'American Craft Beer Cookbook'
With craft breweries growing in size and number, there are ever more offerings on tap. But for as hard as it is to pick a beer, it’s equally hard to find the right dish to pair it with.
Luckily, there’s beer-and-travel writer John Holl. He’s done the hard and tasty work of compiling the best recipes and pairing suggestions from brewpubs and breweries around the country in his recent book, The American Craft Beer Cookbook: 155 Recipes From Your Favorite Brewpubs and Breweries.
Three of the recipes come from Wisconsin brew stops:
- Hinterland Brewery and Restaurant, Milwaukee - Seared Diver Scallops with Roasted Maitake Mushrooms, Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes and Coconut in Green Curry Sauce
- Lakefront Brewery, Inc., Milwaukee - Gluten-Free Fruit and Nut Crisps
- Sprecher Brewing Company, Glendale - Slow-Cooked Doppelbock BBQ Meatballs
Other recipes in the book include pairings like Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Sandwiches with a hefeweizen, or Curried Pumpkin Chicken Soup paired with a pumpkin stout.
Holl's visited more than 900 breweries around the world, but was in Milwaukee last month. He's also is the editor of All About Beer magazine and host of The Beer Briefing on iHeartRadio.
Food & Dining
Arts & Culture