Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Thu March 13, 2014
Using Light to Heal the Body
Most of the time when we are sick and need medical care, we end up taking pills or perhaps an injection of medicine to get well.
On this edition of UWM Today, explore another form of healing - one that might surprise you. It is called phototherapy - the use of light to heal.
Host Tom Luljak talks about how certain wavelengths of light can heal the body with Chukuka Enwemeka, UWM Distinguished Professor and dean of the UWM College of Health Sciences, and Janis Eells, a UWM professor of biomedical sciences in the College.