Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Thu May 8, 2014
UWM's New Applied Chemistry Center-of-Excellence
When the UW System handed out more than $22 million in economic incentive grants last fall, one of the biggest awards went to a team of scientists on UWM's campus.
They are creating a state of the art center focused on chemistry. Why chemistry? 96 percent of all manufactured goods use technologies involving chemistry and in Wisconsin, where manufacturing is a key part of our economy, that is a very big deal.
Host Tom Luljak talks with Dr. Douglas Stafford, director of UWM's Milwaukee Institute for Drug Discovery and the new Southeast Wisconsin Applied Chemistry Center-of-Excellence.