Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Mon June 2, 2014
Web Site may have Prompted 12-Year-Old Girls to Stab Friend in Waukesha Woods
The 12-year-old victim was stabbed 19 times. Police say the two young suspects may have planned the crime to please a online fictional character.
The wounded girl is reported to be in stable condition. She was stabbed in the torso, arms and legs.
A bicyclist spotted her on a road Saturday, after she managed to crawl out of the woods where the two 12-year-old girls reportedly left her.
On Monday, prosecutors charged each girl with first-degree intentional homicide, and the court set bail at a half-million dollars apiece.
According to the police report, the girls started planning to kill their friend months ago, then decided to carry out the assault this past weekend, following a sleep-over.
Officers arrested the two suspects, several hours after the victim was rushed to the hospital.