Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Thu June 19, 2014
Wisconsin Added 28,000 Jobs in 2013; Ranked 37th Nationally
Wisconsin created private sector jobs at a rate of 1.2 percent, about half the national rate, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
From December 2012 to December 2013, the national rate of job creation was 2.1 percent. Wisconsin tied with Illinois and Maine at number 37. During the last quarterly census, Wisconsin ranked 35th nationally.
The tally the bureau released Thursday shows that Wisconsin added 28, 141 private sector jobs in 2013.
To calculate the quarterly report, the BLS surveys most employers in the country, giving the report the reputation of being the most reliable indicator of job trends.