Most Active Stories
- New Wisconsin Law Requires Work for Food Stamps
- Border Crisis: Milwaukee Organization to Help House Immigrant Children, if Needed
- Bradford Beach 'Set' For Stop On Pro Volleyball Tour
- Fiber Artist Folds Nature into Lynden Sculpture Garden Exhibit
- Judge Hears Sen. Ron Johnson’s Lawsuit Against the Obama Administration
This is WUWM
Fri September 6, 2013
WUWM Celebrates 49th Anniversary with Reitman Broadcasts from 1960s
WUWM turns 49 this month. To celebrate and reflect on its 49 years of service, tune in for a Milwaukee Public Radio time capsule.
Following that, hear a 30-minute airing of Reitman's 1967 poetry showcase program, Sense Waves.
Bob Reitman started his radio career at WUWM in 1966. He went on to become a successful commercial disc jockey and spent the next 40 years at several Milwaukee-area stations, including WZMF, WAWA, WTOS, WQFM and WKTI. Reitman returned to WUWM in 2007 and revived his weekly music program, It's Alright, Ma, It's Only Music.
As we celebrate, give us your feedback on items that you would use or proudly wear in the community. Take the polls.