Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Fri November 2, 2012
WUWM Forum Highlights
All this week, WUWM has been exploring the skills gap, in our series Project Milwaukee: Help Wanted.
Our project included a public forum on the downtown campus of MATC. Experts from different perspectives offered solutions for spanning the disconnect between people looking for work, and the jobs available.
WUWM’s Lake Effect has the complete discussion. Here is a sampling of the panelists’ comments, in the following order:
- Dr. Vicki J. Martin, Executive Vice President/Provost of Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Earl Buford, President and CEO of the Wisconsin Regional Training Partnership/BIG-STEP
- Ted Muccio, President of Pereles Bros., Inc., a Milwaukee-based plastic injection molding company
- Lois Quinn, a senior scientist with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Employment and Training Institute
- Tim Sullivan, former Director and CEO of Bucyrus International Inc., and chair of the Wisconsin Governor’s Council on Workforce Investment, and the Wisconsin Governor’s College and Workforce Readiness Council
Lake Effect also posted the audio from the question and answer portion of the forum.