Most Active Stories
- Milwaukee Man Starts Mentoring Program for Black Youth in 53206
- Groups Launch Ideas Contest to Address Segregation in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee County Sheriff's Race Features Hard-Fought Primary
- Aldermen Demand More Attention to Milwaukee's Vacant Lot Problem
- Common Core Repeal Could Create 'Chaos' in Wisconsin
Fri November 2, 2012
WUWM Forum Highlights
All this week, WUWM has been exploring the skills gap, in our series Project Milwaukee: Help Wanted.
Our project included a public forum on the downtown campus of MATC. Experts from different perspectives offered solutions for spanning the disconnect between people looking for work, and the jobs available.
WUWM’s Lake Effect has the complete discussion. Here is a sampling of the panelists’ comments, in the following order:
- Dr. Vicki J. Martin, Executive Vice President/Provost of Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Earl Buford, President and CEO of the Wisconsin Regional Training Partnership/BIG-STEP
- Ted Muccio, President of Pereles Bros., Inc., a Milwaukee-based plastic injection molding company
- Lois Quinn, a senior scientist with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Employment and Training Institute
- Tim Sullivan, former Director and CEO of Bucyrus International Inc., and chair of the Wisconsin Governor’s Council on Workforce Investment, and the Wisconsin Governor’s College and Workforce Readiness Council
Lake Effect also posted the audio from the question and answer portion of the forum.