Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Mon October 7, 2013
Yelp Teams Up to Promote Milwaukee's Sustainability Plan
The City of Milwaukee released its sustainability plan - called ReFresh MKE - in July; now it is looking for ways to bring it to life. The online networking site Yelp is partnering with the City to get the word out through a series of events this week, running Monday, October 7 - Friday, October 11.
ReFresh MKE sets a 10-year road map designed to juggle environmental challenges while improving neighborhoods and creating jobs. Yelp and the city's office of sustainability call this Milwaukee's first sustainability week. They are encouraging Milwaukeeans to find connections that work for them in the plan.
The week started with Eric Resch. He created Stone Creek Coffee twenty years ago and shared his business philosophy with people gathered around small tables covered with notebooks and coffee cups.
Resch is pushing into his next 20-year plan and says he hopes one day to pass Stone Creek on to his employees.
Other gatherings will be staged around the city, including at the Urban Ecology Center in the Menomonee Valley and at Great Lakes Distillery.