Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Packers' Old Turf Helps Revitalize South Side Milwaukee Neighborhood
- Milwaukee Group: Public School Gyms in Worse Shape than Bradley Center
Project Milwaukee: Black & White
Race Relations in Milwaukee
Milwaukee has long held the reputation, deservingly or not, of being one of the most segregated cities in the United States. Race relations in our community continue to impact education, economic development and our neighborhoods.
In June of 2009, WUWM News and Lake Effect journalists examined the history and evolution of black-white relations in Milwaukee. Project Milwaukee: Black & White explored how race relations have improved, and where there is still room for growth.